Scholarship programs make our community stronger.
Scholarships administered by the Leelanau Township Community Foundation reward the achievements of our future community leaders. Some scholarships focus on a particular field of study; others reward overall academic efforts. Since the first scholarship was awarded in 1992, local students have received more than $347,310 to help them pay for college. These scholarships have helped local students achieve their educational and career goals.
- Anson Solem Science Scholarship Fund
- Alice Busby Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Faye Dinsmore Memorial Scholarship Fund for Culinary Arts
- George W. and Carolyn T. Anderson Community Endowment Scholarship Fund
- Dr. James Kolberg Scholarship Fund
- Edwin Suddard and Ruth Kellogg Scholarship Fund
- Florence F. Evett Scholarship Fund
- Florence L. Hanes Scholarship Fund
- Kreig Leabo Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Native American Scholarship Fund
- Northport Promise Fund
- Susan Hirschfield Memorial Scholarship Fund for Visual Arts
- Youth Scholarship Fund
- Winfield H. and Dr. Grace Song Line Scholarship Fund
Foundation scholarship applications are accepted between March 1 and March 30 each year except for the Northport Promise. Northport Promise application information can be found on The Northport Promise website. Scholarship applications are closed for 2017 and will reopen by March 1, 2018.
Some scholarships require applicants to show financial need in order to receive assistance. Students who need financial aid for college should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, which can be found by visiting www.fafsa.com. Scholarship applications will be updated for 2018 before March 1.
2018 Scholarship Application (PDF)
DEADLINE FOR 2018 SCHOLARSHIPS: Friday, April 13, 2018
Please email filled out applications to: email@example.com or send to
Leelanau Township Community Foundation
P.O. Box 818
Northport, MI 49670
You can also drop off filled applications to our office at 301 N. Mill Street in Northport. Offices hours can be found here.