Our latest press release - December 7, 2017
LEELANAU TOWNSHIP COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
AWARDS GRANTS TOTALING $15,810 FOR COMMUNITY PROJECTS
NORTHPORT, Michigan - Results from the latest Leelanau Township Community Foundation grant cycle have been announced, with approval for grants totaling $15,810.90. This includes over $9,000 in grants from the General Endowment Fund and $6,810.90 in grants from the Foundation's Youth Advisory Council.
The General Endowment Fund grants, which come from the foundation's oldest fund include:
- $2,500 to Samaritans' Closet to provide assistant with living expenses to Leelanau Township residents.
- $6,000 to Leelanau Christian Neighbors to help fund the "Blessings in a Backpack" program.
- $500 to Fox Island Lighthouse Association to fund a better communication system between the island and the mainland.
In addition, there were five grants recommended by the Foundation's Youth Advisory Council to Northport Public School:
- $2,880 to purchase furniture for a new seating area in the front lobby.
- $220 to provide admission fee for 55 students to attend the upcoming Tutankhamun exhibit at the Dennos Museum in Traverse City.
- $860 to purchase 10 art easels
- $1,000 to help fund the giving tree
- $1,850 to Leelanau Christian Neighbors to assist with LCN's baby pantry
The Leelanau Township Community Foundation's Youth Advisory Council is focused on grants that provide benefits to the youth of our community.
Information about applying for a grant from the Leelanau Township Community Foundation is available here on the website: http://www.leelanaufoundation.org/applicationsgrants/. For more information, please email our Executive Director Joan Moore at email@example.com, or call the our office at (231) 386-9000.
Publishing in the Leelanau Enterprise - December 13, 2017
The Ticker - December 14, 2017
Published in the Leelanau Enterprise - August 3, 2017
The Ticker - August 1, 2017
Published in the Leelanau Enterprise - June 15, 2017
9 & 10 News - June 10, 2016
MYNORTH NEWS SERVICE - May 18, 2016
Published in the Leelanau Enteprise - April 28, 2016
Published in the Leelanau Enteprise - May 5, 2016
Published in the Leelanau Enterprise - August 14, 2014